You’re an Author!
In this 10 day course, students will complete a storyboard, write an original story, and develop pictures as they work towards self-publishing* their own picture book!
- June 15-26, 2020, M-F [11:00-11:45AM (EDT) each day]
- July 20-31, 2020, M-F [11:00-11:45AM (EDT) each day]
Info for Both Classes
** Interested in a course but your child is younger or older than listed? Please send me an email to see about the possibility of joining this group or creating another one.
*** Intrigued by the class but have a few questions? Shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BUILDING CONFIDENCE One Story AT A TIME
This 5 week workshop is a series of 5 lessons. Each week, the 2 day lesson will revolve around a specific character trait inherent to confidence and a strong sense of self, brought to life through creative writing. In each lesson, students will:
- engage in read alouds, writing, and artistic creations
- build comprehension of the lesson’s character trait and apply that knowledge in their writing (Spelling & grammar are NOT emphasized in this course. Imagination & idea-development ARE!)
- practice reading/presenting in front of others
- have opportunities for peer socialization and collaboration
- celebrate a lot!